Police warn drivers to slow down after motorists caught at nearly twice the speed limit
- Credit: Archant
Watch out - that is the message from police warning drivers in a Norfolk town that they will catch speeding drivers.
Breckland Police conducted speed checks in Thetford on Monday morning with five tickets issued and 10 more drivers being spoken to.
Sergeant Chris Harris was in Brandon Road and Castle Street where tickets were issued to five drivers travelling between 42mph and 47mph in a 30mph speed limit.
As well as the speed checks a driver was stopped due to a defective windscreen.
On Twitter, Breckland Police said: "Watch out for more enforcement in Thetford. PC Harris has been carrying out speed checks in Thetford this morning.
"Disappointing to have to say five drivers issued with tickets for speeds."
Speeding is one of the Fatal Fours which emergency services highlight as the four biggest dangers while driving.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
These are inappropriate speed, using a mobile phone while driving, not wearing a seat belt and drink driving.