Police warn drivers to slow down after motorists caught at nearly twice the speed limit
- Credit: Archant
Watch out - that is the message from police warning drivers in a Norfolk town that they will catch speeding drivers.
Breckland Police conducted speed checks in Thetford on Monday morning with five tickets issued and 10 more drivers being spoken to.
Sergeant Chris Harris was in Brandon Road and Castle Street where tickets were issued to five drivers travelling between 42mph and 47mph in a 30mph speed limit.
As well as the speed checks a driver was stopped due to a defective windscreen.
On Twitter, Breckland Police said: "Watch out for more enforcement in Thetford. PC Harris has been carrying out speed checks in Thetford this morning.
You may also want to watch:
"Disappointing to have to say five drivers issued with tickets for speeds."
Speeding is one of the Fatal Fours which emergency services highlight as the four biggest dangers while driving.
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 7 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 8 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 9 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 10 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
These are inappropriate speed, using a mobile phone while driving, not wearing a seat belt and drink driving.