Police warn drivers to slow down after motorists caught at nearly twice the speed limit
- Credit: Archant
Watch out - that is the message from police warning drivers in a Norfolk town that they will catch speeding drivers.
Breckland Police conducted speed checks in Thetford on Monday morning with five tickets issued and 10 more drivers being spoken to.
Sergeant Chris Harris was in Brandon Road and Castle Street where tickets were issued to five drivers travelling between 42mph and 47mph in a 30mph speed limit.
As well as the speed checks a driver was stopped due to a defective windscreen.
On Twitter, Breckland Police said: "Watch out for more enforcement in Thetford. PC Harris has been carrying out speed checks in Thetford this morning.
You may also want to watch:
"Disappointing to have to say five drivers issued with tickets for speeds."
Speeding is one of the Fatal Fours which emergency services highlight as the four biggest dangers while driving.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
These are inappropriate speed, using a mobile phone while driving, not wearing a seat belt and drink driving.