Speech Day celebrates student achievements
- Credit: Archant
A grammar school’s traditional speech day has celebrated the achievement of its students.
Thetford Grammar School welcomed guests including the Bishop of Thetford and Lady Kay Fisher to its Speech Day on Friday, where students were recognised for their efforts over the past year.
A-level students Anna Clements, Christian Wood and Daniel Tatnell were among those mentioned after achieving top results.
Jim Bacon, weather forecaster and former student of the school, presented subject prizes to each year, with GCSE and AS level prizes going to Year 11 and 12 students.
School prizes were also awarded for overall achievement and service to the school.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, the new Headmaster, Mr Mark Bedford, in his inaugural speech, said he was keen to see Thetford Grammar School as welcoming, positive, competitive, efficient and abreast of all innovations.
He said he is proud to be head of a very forward-thinking and dynamic Thetford Grammar School.
- 1 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 2 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
The school will hold an Open Morning on Saturday October 17.