Speech Day celebrates student achievements
- Credit: Archant
A grammar school’s traditional speech day has celebrated the achievement of its students.
Thetford Grammar School welcomed guests including the Bishop of Thetford and Lady Kay Fisher to its Speech Day on Friday, where students were recognised for their efforts over the past year.
A-level students Anna Clements, Christian Wood and Daniel Tatnell were among those mentioned after achieving top results.
Jim Bacon, weather forecaster and former student of the school, presented subject prizes to each year, with GCSE and AS level prizes going to Year 11 and 12 students.
School prizes were also awarded for overall achievement and service to the school.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, the new Headmaster, Mr Mark Bedford, in his inaugural speech, said he was keen to see Thetford Grammar School as welcoming, positive, competitive, efficient and abreast of all innovations.
He said he is proud to be head of a very forward-thinking and dynamic Thetford Grammar School.
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 3 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 7 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
The school will hold an Open Morning on Saturday October 17.