Speech Day celebrates student achievements
- Credit: Archant
A grammar school’s traditional speech day has celebrated the achievement of its students.
Thetford Grammar School welcomed guests including the Bishop of Thetford and Lady Kay Fisher to its Speech Day on Friday, where students were recognised for their efforts over the past year.
A-level students Anna Clements, Christian Wood and Daniel Tatnell were among those mentioned after achieving top results.
Jim Bacon, weather forecaster and former student of the school, presented subject prizes to each year, with GCSE and AS level prizes going to Year 11 and 12 students.
School prizes were also awarded for overall achievement and service to the school.
Finally, the new Headmaster, Mr Mark Bedford, in his inaugural speech, said he was keen to see Thetford Grammar School as welcoming, positive, competitive, efficient and abreast of all innovations.
He said he is proud to be head of a very forward-thinking and dynamic Thetford Grammar School.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 7 Vandals destroy play park zipwire
- 8 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 Rugby club hoping to 'ignite' interest following pandemic
The school will hold an Open Morning on Saturday October 17.