Speech Day celebrates student achievements
- Credit: Archant
A grammar school’s traditional speech day has celebrated the achievement of its students.
Thetford Grammar School welcomed guests including the Bishop of Thetford and Lady Kay Fisher to its Speech Day on Friday, where students were recognised for their efforts over the past year.
A-level students Anna Clements, Christian Wood and Daniel Tatnell were among those mentioned after achieving top results.
Jim Bacon, weather forecaster and former student of the school, presented subject prizes to each year, with GCSE and AS level prizes going to Year 11 and 12 students.
School prizes were also awarded for overall achievement and service to the school.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, the new Headmaster, Mr Mark Bedford, in his inaugural speech, said he was keen to see Thetford Grammar School as welcoming, positive, competitive, efficient and abreast of all innovations.
He said he is proud to be head of a very forward-thinking and dynamic Thetford Grammar School.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 4 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
The school will hold an Open Morning on Saturday October 17.