Social enterprise provides scooters to give people a cheaper way to get to work
- Credit: Archant
A new social enterprise is providing mopeds for people to travel to work, education or training to help them save money.
Scoots Hire provides mopeds provides the service to enable people to become more independent.
The organisation was launched in March and demands for its services have grown rapidly.
It is helping people in the Mildenhall, Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds areas.
Barry Lynes, head of strategic partnerships, said: “We always knew there was a demand for the services we provide and this has certainly turned out to be the case. We are already providing mopeds to more than 200 people across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and the demand is continuing to grow.
“We are providing a much needed service to many communities.
“There are many people who cannot afford or who do not have access to the transport they need to get to work, education facilities or to simply to have some form of independence.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 2 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 3 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 6 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
“We are now improving the lives of many people by helping them to realise new opportunities.”
Scoots Hire offers moped rental from £2.86 per day.
For more information about Scoots Hire, telephone 01362 799970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit www.scoots-hire.com.