Social enterprise provides scooters to give people a cheaper way to get to work
- Credit: Archant
A new social enterprise is providing mopeds for people to travel to work, education or training to help them save money.
Scoots Hire provides mopeds provides the service to enable people to become more independent.
The organisation was launched in March and demands for its services have grown rapidly.
It is helping people in the Mildenhall, Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds areas.
Barry Lynes, head of strategic partnerships, said: “We always knew there was a demand for the services we provide and this has certainly turned out to be the case. We are already providing mopeds to more than 200 people across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and the demand is continuing to grow.
“We are providing a much needed service to many communities.
“There are many people who cannot afford or who do not have access to the transport they need to get to work, education facilities or to simply to have some form of independence.
- 1 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 2 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 4 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 5 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 8 Truss claims UK workers need 'more graft' in leaked statement
- 9 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 10 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
“We are now improving the lives of many people by helping them to realise new opportunities.”
Scoots Hire offers moped rental from £2.86 per day.
For more information about Scoots Hire, telephone 01362 799970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit www.scoots-hire.com.