Social enterprise provides scooters to give people a cheaper way to get to work
- Credit: Archant
A new social enterprise is providing mopeds for people to travel to work, education or training to help them save money.
Scoots Hire provides mopeds provides the service to enable people to become more independent.
The organisation was launched in March and demands for its services have grown rapidly.
It is helping people in the Mildenhall, Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds areas.
Barry Lynes, head of strategic partnerships, said: “We always knew there was a demand for the services we provide and this has certainly turned out to be the case. We are already providing mopeds to more than 200 people across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and the demand is continuing to grow.
You may also want to watch:
“We are providing a much needed service to many communities.
“There are many people who cannot afford or who do not have access to the transport they need to get to work, education facilities or to simply to have some form of independence.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
“We are now improving the lives of many people by helping them to realise new opportunities.”
Scoots Hire offers moped rental from £2.86 per day.
For more information about Scoots Hire, telephone 01362 799970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit www.scoots-hire.com.