Social enterprise provides scooters to give people a cheaper way to get to work
- Credit: Archant
A new social enterprise is providing mopeds for people to travel to work, education or training to help them save money.
Scoots Hire provides mopeds provides the service to enable people to become more independent.
The organisation was launched in March and demands for its services have grown rapidly.
It is helping people in the Mildenhall, Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds areas.
Barry Lynes, head of strategic partnerships, said: “We always knew there was a demand for the services we provide and this has certainly turned out to be the case. We are already providing mopeds to more than 200 people across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire and the demand is continuing to grow.
You may also want to watch:
“We are providing a much needed service to many communities.
“There are many people who cannot afford or who do not have access to the transport they need to get to work, education facilities or to simply to have some form of independence.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
“We are now improving the lives of many people by helping them to realise new opportunities.”
Scoots Hire offers moped rental from £2.86 per day.
For more information about Scoots Hire, telephone 01362 799970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit www.scoots-hire.com.