Strong winds cause damage to sites in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Damage has been caused to many parts of Thetford Forest following the strong winds.
High Lodge, near Brandon, will be closed on Friday.
The early morning winds - with gusts at more than 65mph - caused a lot of damage over the whole of the site.
Forestry Commission staff are still assessing the damage and are making the site safe.
Lynford Arboretum has “suffered significant damage” and visitors are asked to avoid the area until it can be fully assessed.
You may also want to watch:
At the West Stow Picnic Site the trail is currently impassable as several trees are down.
And Thorpe Woodlands Adventure Centre, near Thetford, is also closed. The centre’s Facebook page said: “With all this wind we have had a bit of damage on site and are currently without power or water - If anyone is thinking of visiting us over the next few days we would recommend you save it until next week.”
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs