Strong winds cause damage to sites in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Damage has been caused to many parts of Thetford Forest following the strong winds.
High Lodge, near Brandon, will be closed on Friday.
The early morning winds - with gusts at more than 65mph - caused a lot of damage over the whole of the site.
Forestry Commission staff are still assessing the damage and are making the site safe.
Lynford Arboretum has “suffered significant damage” and visitors are asked to avoid the area until it can be fully assessed.
You may also want to watch:
At the West Stow Picnic Site the trail is currently impassable as several trees are down.
And Thorpe Woodlands Adventure Centre, near Thetford, is also closed. The centre’s Facebook page said: “With all this wind we have had a bit of damage on site and are currently without power or water - If anyone is thinking of visiting us over the next few days we would recommend you save it until next week.”
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will