Show you know your onions and win tickets to Thetford’s Great Festival event
- Credit: Angela Sharpe
Visitors to an annual festival are being given the chance to go to one of its new events for free by showing how well they know their onions.
This year sees Elveden’s Big Onion join Thetford’s Great Festival on Saturday, September 5 and Sunday September 6 and back by popular demand are classic rock band Telecaster Ted and solo accoustic artist Alton Wahlberg.
Gemma’s Petting Farm will be one of the new attractions this year, with lots of local produce and food demonstrations too, all celebrating the fact that Elveden grows 28,000 tonnes of onions each year, which is 6pc of the UK’s production.
Elveden are giving away 10 family weekend tickets as top prizes and runners up prizes of 30 children’s tickets, allowing them free entry when accompanied by a full paying adult. (See the end of this story for the question and how to enter).
Tickets for festival events are already being snapped up after its new programme went out to homes around the town this week.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms are not available for events and with the special schedule in the centre pages of the programme, visitors are able to keep track of all the events.
Among the events is a chance to channel ‘The King’, as Zaks hosts Calling All Elvis on August 24. Anyone visiting the restaurant dressed as Elvis will receive a special gift and be in the running to be crowned Thetford’s Great Elvis 2015.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
- 10 ‘I don’t trust this area’: Local people react after sex assault on teenager
Elvis Presently will also be performing on the night. To book, call Zaks on 01842 750834.
Monksgate will welcome all as residents raise money for Cancer Research with their multi yard sales on Saturday, September 5.
Just down the road will be a big Community Fun Day on the Redcastle Estate, where Frozen and Shrek characters will be joining in the fun.
To be in with a chance of winning tickets to The Big Onion, answer the following question:
How many onions are grown at Elveden each year?
Email your answer to the Festival Box Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it into their shop at 20 King Street by Friday, August 14 together with your name, age (if under 16) and telephone number.
Winners will be notified by August 17.