Specialist school maintains good Ofsted rating for decade
- Credit: Archant
A specialist school for children with complex needs is celebrating its fourth good Ofsted rating since 2009.
Sheridan School, near Thetford, was praised for its effective leadership, quality of teaching, and the personal development, behaviour and achievements of pupils after the latest inspection, which took place in January.
Inspectors also praised the small classes and how the school catered to young people’s individual needs.
Paul Sanderson, head of school, said: “I am delighted with this report. It demonstrates the hard work that our staff do to support our pupils to reach their full potential.
“It is pleasing that we have received praise for our work experience and offsite activities, as we think this is very important to our pupils’ personal and social development.”
You may also want to watch:
The school is managed by Priory Education and Children’s Services, which is part of the Priory Group of mental health specialists.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results