Specialist school maintains good Ofsted rating for decade
- Credit: Archant
A specialist school for children with complex needs is celebrating its fourth good Ofsted rating since 2009.
Sheridan School, near Thetford, was praised for its effective leadership, quality of teaching, and the personal development, behaviour and achievements of pupils after the latest inspection, which took place in January.
Inspectors also praised the small classes and how the school catered to young people’s individual needs.
Paul Sanderson, head of school, said: “I am delighted with this report. It demonstrates the hard work that our staff do to support our pupils to reach their full potential.
“It is pleasing that we have received praise for our work experience and offsite activities, as we think this is very important to our pupils’ personal and social development.”
The school is managed by Priory Education and Children’s Services, which is part of the Priory Group of mental health specialists.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 6 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout