Scores turn out to vote in Brandon Calendar contest
A photographic competition attracted more than 60 entries from at least a dozen people hoping for their images to be included in a town calendar.
Brandon Carnival Committee, which is raising funds for next year’s parade, last week gave the public a chance to vote on their favourite, 12 of which will be used to create the calendar.
More than 140 people turned out to the market place where they voted on pictures separated into seasons.
The top 12 will now be used in the calendar, 250 copies of which will go on sale from November 12 in shops around town as well as at the Brandon Christmas fayre in December.
Carnival committee member, Gary Brocklehurst, said he believed it was the first time a calendar had been produced in the town, and certainly using local people’s pictures.
You may also want to watch:
“It will have raised some much-needed funds for the carnival, provided a talking point for people and opened eyes to how much wonderful countryside there is around the Brecks area,” he said.
He now hopes to raise at least �700 to add to a pot of �500 already in existence for next year’s carnival.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 3 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
The calendar, priced at �5.99, will also be on sale at www.brandonsuffolk.com.