Scores turn out to vote in Brandon Calendar contest
A photographic competition attracted more than 60 entries from at least a dozen people hoping for their images to be included in a town calendar.
Brandon Carnival Committee, which is raising funds for next year’s parade, last week gave the public a chance to vote on their favourite, 12 of which will be used to create the calendar.
More than 140 people turned out to the market place where they voted on pictures separated into seasons.
The top 12 will now be used in the calendar, 250 copies of which will go on sale from November 12 in shops around town as well as at the Brandon Christmas fayre in December.
Carnival committee member, Gary Brocklehurst, said he believed it was the first time a calendar had been produced in the town, and certainly using local people’s pictures.
You may also want to watch:
“It will have raised some much-needed funds for the carnival, provided a talking point for people and opened eyes to how much wonderful countryside there is around the Brecks area,” he said.
He now hopes to raise at least �700 to add to a pot of �500 already in existence for next year’s carnival.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
The calendar, priced at �5.99, will also be on sale at www.brandonsuffolk.com.