Scores turn out to vote in Brandon Calendar contest
A photographic competition attracted more than 60 entries from at least a dozen people hoping for their images to be included in a town calendar.
Brandon Carnival Committee, which is raising funds for next year’s parade, last week gave the public a chance to vote on their favourite, 12 of which will be used to create the calendar.
More than 140 people turned out to the market place where they voted on pictures separated into seasons.
The top 12 will now be used in the calendar, 250 copies of which will go on sale from November 12 in shops around town as well as at the Brandon Christmas fayre in December.
Carnival committee member, Gary Brocklehurst, said he believed it was the first time a calendar had been produced in the town, and certainly using local people’s pictures.
You may also want to watch:
“It will have raised some much-needed funds for the carnival, provided a talking point for people and opened eyes to how much wonderful countryside there is around the Brecks area,” he said.
He now hopes to raise at least �700 to add to a pot of �500 already in existence for next year’s carnival.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 3 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
The calendar, priced at �5.99, will also be on sale at www.brandonsuffolk.com.