Scores turn out to vote in Brandon Calendar contest
A photographic competition attracted more than 60 entries from at least a dozen people hoping for their images to be included in a town calendar.
Brandon Carnival Committee, which is raising funds for next year’s parade, last week gave the public a chance to vote on their favourite, 12 of which will be used to create the calendar.
More than 140 people turned out to the market place where they voted on pictures separated into seasons.
The top 12 will now be used in the calendar, 250 copies of which will go on sale from November 12 in shops around town as well as at the Brandon Christmas fayre in December.
Carnival committee member, Gary Brocklehurst, said he believed it was the first time a calendar had been produced in the town, and certainly using local people’s pictures.
“It will have raised some much-needed funds for the carnival, provided a talking point for people and opened eyes to how much wonderful countryside there is around the Brecks area,” he said.
He now hopes to raise at least �700 to add to a pot of �500 already in existence for next year’s carnival.
- 1 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 2 More F-35 squadrons to be stationed in Suffolk to boost US presence
- 3 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 4 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 5 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 6 Remarkable life of the Duleep Singhs explored in new exhibition
- 7 What the average Norfolk house price can buy you in the county's towns
- 8 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 9 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 10 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
The calendar, priced at �5.99, will also be on sale at www.brandonsuffolk.com.