Schoolgirl’s national motocross success
- Credit: Archant
A schoolgirl showed she is on track for success after taking part in two rounds of a national motocross competition.
Year-seven Mildenhall College Academy student Kara Quinn took part in the first round in Scotland and the second in Wroxton, Oxfordshire.
The event was solely girls racing against other girls and they come from all over the country to compete.
After the two rounds Kara, from Beck Row, finished third overall in the Sw85 class (85cc Motocross bike.)
In a support race for boys at the same event, her brother Kian – who is in year-nine – came first on a Bw85!
You may also want to watch:
Kian has been riding for two-and-a-half years and Kara for two years. They practise every weekend and extra days during the holidays.
Kian watched motocross and asked his parents if he could have a go, so they bought him a bike. Kara watched Kian and decided that she too would like to try it.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease