School police team welcomes a new recruit
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk’s only full-time, school-based policing team has recruited a new member.
Constable Jenny French, from Norfolk Police, will join Thetford Academy’s policing team at its new £19 million campus which is set to open in September.
She will join local PCSO Stuart King at the school, where he has served for over two years.
The full-time police team has been hailed as a success by principal, Cathy Spillane, providing support for staff as they tackle pupils’ behavioural issues and fostering community relations.
Its role includes joining in during assemblies, dealing with safety issues, patrolling the school and visiting classrooms..
You may also want to watch:
Officers can also visit families to discuss a pupil’s behaviour.
Constable French takes over from Constable Hayley Harwood, who has moved on to other duties.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in