School police team welcomes a new recruit
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk’s only full-time, school-based policing team has recruited a new member.
Constable Jenny French, from Norfolk Police, will join Thetford Academy’s policing team at its new £19 million campus which is set to open in September.
She will join local PCSO Stuart King at the school, where he has served for over two years.
The full-time police team has been hailed as a success by principal, Cathy Spillane, providing support for staff as they tackle pupils’ behavioural issues and fostering community relations.
Its role includes joining in during assemblies, dealing with safety issues, patrolling the school and visiting classrooms..
You may also want to watch:
Officers can also visit families to discuss a pupil’s behaviour.
Constable French takes over from Constable Hayley Harwood, who has moved on to other duties.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence