Santa’s Thetford visits and Christmas event hailed a success
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 in donations were collected during Santa’s visits around Thetford.
During evenings in December last year Santa made visits to the majority to say hello to local children.
This was the first time the event - organised by First Aid Support Thetford (FAST) and its youth group Enthusiastic People Improving their Community (EPIC) - had been held.
Sharon Thompson from EPIC/FAST said: “We raised more than £1,300 in donations which we are going to put towards this year.
“Santa around the estates was amazing and it was received well by young and old alike.”
The trailer for Santa to ride on was donated by Thetford-based Force8 Security Services.
Mrs Thompson also and her team also held a Christmas Day Lunch for those who were alone on December 25 at the Pine Close Community Centre.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
Between 15 and 20 people attended with food donated by Thetford residents and Tesco.
Santa again made an appearance to hand out toys and there was an open top bus ride around the town.