Run Breckland events raise funds towards junior parkrun
- Credit: Archant
A running fiesta raised hundreds of pounds to help set up a junior parkrun.
Hosted by Run Breckland there were three events held in one day with the event organised to raise funds to set up a junior parkrun in Thetford.
There was a family picnic and games at Lynford Arboretum, with a 1km run held for under-11s and a 5km run.
Participants were encouraged to wear fancy dress with course marshals also taking part in dressing up.
More than £300 was raised to help towards the £3,000 Thetford parkrun director Mel Sturman is trying to raise to launch a junior event.
You may also want to watch:
Designed for four to 11-year-olds, it will involve a 2km route to be held on Sunday mornings.
Run Breckland have organised a 10Km forest run around Santon Downham which will take place on November 25.
To book a place click here.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 2 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 3 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 6 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Man attacked and robbed by hooded teen gang
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms