Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Firefighters tackled a bungalow fire thought to have been started by a faulty boiler in Brandon today.
Crews received reports of flames coming from the roof of a property in Ashdale Park at 8.50am today, Wednesday, October 27. Crews from Brandon and Mildenhall attended the bungalow fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two appliances attended the scene of the roof fire.
"On arrival crews reported that half of the property was well alight."
The spokesman also confirmed that firefighters, six of who were wearing breathing apparatus, removed felt roof tiles to gain better access to the fire.
A 'stop' call was made at 11.08am today, although crews remained at the scene dampening down after that time.
The spokesman for the fire service added: "There were no casualties as a result of the fire.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night
"The fire is believed to have started due to a boiler malfunction."