Roads in Norfolk village to shut for two days for £72,000 of resurfacing work
- Credit: Archant
Two main roads will be closed for a day each next week as resurfacing work takes place.
Brandon Road and Hockwold Road in Weeting, near Brandon, will be shut on Wednesday, January 23 and Thursday, January 24 for resurfacing work which is due to take one day.
The work will cost County Hall £72,000 in total.
Brandon Road will shut at the junction with Peppers High Hill with a diversion via Methwold, Mundford and Brandon in operation between 7.30am and 5pm on Wednesday.
Hockwold Road will then shut the following day with a diversion route via Feltwell in operation between 9am and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Access to businesses and houses on the road will be kept open from one end of the road, and pedestrian access will also be maintained.
A spokesman for Norfolk County Council said: “The County Council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing damaged road surface are carried out.”
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 4 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 7 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 8 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown