Road resurfacing and bridge repairs to start on the A11
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Road resurfacing, bridge repairs and general maintenance will start on the A11 Trunk Road from the beginning of August.
The road works will be carried out by Highways England Company Limited and will take place overnight from 8pm - 6am.
Operations are expected to last for approximately three months starting on Monday August 7.
There will be a speed limit of 50 miles per hour on the A11 Red Lodge Bypass northbound and southbound.
The speed restrictions will run 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the Chippenham Road Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
And also 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the B1085 Newmarket Road Bridge at Red Lodge Interchange.
Lay-bys on the affected route will be closed while the work is carried out, and access to the A11 will be restricted from some side roads at times.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 3 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Coronavirus rates go up in every district across Norfolk
- 9 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
Any closures of specific parts of the A11 and diversions will be clearly marked by traffic signs throughout the works.