Road resurfacing and bridge repairs to start on the A11
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Road resurfacing, bridge repairs and general maintenance will start on the A11 Trunk Road from the beginning of August.
The road works will be carried out by Highways England Company Limited and will take place overnight from 8pm - 6am.
Operations are expected to last for approximately three months starting on Monday August 7.
There will be a speed limit of 50 miles per hour on the A11 Red Lodge Bypass northbound and southbound.
The speed restrictions will run 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the Chippenham Road Bridge.
And also 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the B1085 Newmarket Road Bridge at Red Lodge Interchange.
Lay-bys on the affected route will be closed while the work is carried out, and access to the A11 will be restricted from some side roads at times.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Power tools stolen after van broken into
- 3 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 4 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 5 Norfolk football boss 'so proud' after inspiring player to come out
- 6 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 7 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 8 Police examine CCTV in Thetford rape investigation
- 9 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
- 10 Quad bike stolen from home in west Suffolk
Any closures of specific parts of the A11 and diversions will be clearly marked by traffic signs throughout the works.