Road resurfacing and bridge repairs to start on the A11
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Road resurfacing, bridge repairs and general maintenance will start on the A11 Trunk Road from the beginning of August.
The road works will be carried out by Highways England Company Limited and will take place overnight from 8pm - 6am.
Operations are expected to last for approximately three months starting on Monday August 7.
There will be a speed limit of 50 miles per hour on the A11 Red Lodge Bypass northbound and southbound.
The speed restrictions will run 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the Chippenham Road Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
And also 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the B1085 Newmarket Road Bridge at Red Lodge Interchange.
Lay-bys on the affected route will be closed while the work is carried out, and access to the A11 will be restricted from some side roads at times.
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
Any closures of specific parts of the A11 and diversions will be clearly marked by traffic signs throughout the works.