Road resurfacing and bridge repairs to start on the A11
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Road resurfacing, bridge repairs and general maintenance will start on the A11 Trunk Road from the beginning of August.
The road works will be carried out by Highways England Company Limited and will take place overnight from 8pm - 6am.
Operations are expected to last for approximately three months starting on Monday August 7.
There will be a speed limit of 50 miles per hour on the A11 Red Lodge Bypass northbound and southbound.
The speed restrictions will run 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the Chippenham Road Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
And also 850 metres south and 50 metres north of the B1085 Newmarket Road Bridge at Red Lodge Interchange.
Lay-bys on the affected route will be closed while the work is carried out, and access to the A11 will be restricted from some side roads at times.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
Any closures of specific parts of the A11 and diversions will be clearly marked by traffic signs throughout the works.