New astrophysicist rector inducted by bishop
- Credit: Archant
A new rector for the Thetford Benefice has said he is “delighted” to be starting in his new role.
The Rev Dr Peter Herbert, who was previously curate of Cromer Church, was inducted in the role by the Bishop of Thetford Alan Winton.
About 120 people travelled from across Norfolk to attend the service.
Mr Herbert is originally from Bristol and prior to ordination training Mr Herbert completed a PhD in astrophysics.
For the last five years Mr Herbert has lived in Cromer with his wife Caroline, who he met at university and has been married to for 13 years.
The pair said they were “delighted” to be coming to Thetford.
Mrs Herbert is a chartered librarian and recently worked on cataloguing part of the collection at Felbrigg Hall.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 4 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
The induction service was at St Cuthbert’s Church, Thetford.