New astrophysicist rector inducted by bishop
- Credit: Archant
A new rector for the Thetford Benefice has said he is “delighted” to be starting in his new role.
The Rev Dr Peter Herbert, who was previously curate of Cromer Church, was inducted in the role by the Bishop of Thetford Alan Winton.
About 120 people travelled from across Norfolk to attend the service.
Mr Herbert is originally from Bristol and prior to ordination training Mr Herbert completed a PhD in astrophysics.
For the last five years Mr Herbert has lived in Cromer with his wife Caroline, who he met at university and has been married to for 13 years.
You may also want to watch:
The pair said they were “delighted” to be coming to Thetford.
Mrs Herbert is a chartered librarian and recently worked on cataloguing part of the collection at Felbrigg Hall.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
The induction service was at St Cuthbert’s Church, Thetford.