New astrophysicist rector inducted by bishop
- Credit: Archant
A new rector for the Thetford Benefice has said he is “delighted” to be starting in his new role.
The Rev Dr Peter Herbert, who was previously curate of Cromer Church, was inducted in the role by the Bishop of Thetford Alan Winton.
About 120 people travelled from across Norfolk to attend the service.
Mr Herbert is originally from Bristol and prior to ordination training Mr Herbert completed a PhD in astrophysics.
For the last five years Mr Herbert has lived in Cromer with his wife Caroline, who he met at university and has been married to for 13 years.
You may also want to watch:
The pair said they were “delighted” to be coming to Thetford.
Mrs Herbert is a chartered librarian and recently worked on cataloguing part of the collection at Felbrigg Hall.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 5 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
The induction service was at St Cuthbert’s Church, Thetford.