Air Cadets learn more about US Air Force during RAF Lakenheath visit
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 local RAF Air Cadets were invited to spend a day at RAF Lakenheath.
The annual Cadet Day event is an opportunity for the youngsters to learn about the US Air Force and understand the mission of the Liberty Wing at the Suffolk base.
“The Cadet Day at RAF Lakenheath is always popular,” said Stephanie Robins, RAF Lakenheath community relations advisor. “The cadets gets an opportunity to engage with our Airmen and see US Air Force equipment up close.
“We look forward to meeting more cadets next year.”
Representatives from various career fields, such as the 48th Security Forces Squadron, the 493rd Fighter Squadron, were present to answer any questions and provide demonstrations.
You may also want to watch:
The essence of the event is to inspire the RAF cadets to look towards the future for not only the RAF but the appreciation of the partnership with the US Air Force.
- 1 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 7 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England