Air Cadets learn more about US Air Force during RAF Lakenheath visit
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 local RAF Air Cadets were invited to spend a day at RAF Lakenheath.
The annual Cadet Day event is an opportunity for the youngsters to learn about the US Air Force and understand the mission of the Liberty Wing at the Suffolk base.
“The Cadet Day at RAF Lakenheath is always popular,” said Stephanie Robins, RAF Lakenheath community relations advisor. “The cadets gets an opportunity to engage with our Airmen and see US Air Force equipment up close.
“We look forward to meeting more cadets next year.”
Representatives from various career fields, such as the 48th Security Forces Squadron, the 493rd Fighter Squadron, were present to answer any questions and provide demonstrations.
You may also want to watch:
The essence of the event is to inspire the RAF cadets to look towards the future for not only the RAF but the appreciation of the partnership with the US Air Force.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall