RAF Lakenheath servicewoman who died in crash near Center Parcs in Elveden named
- Credit: PA
An American servicewoman who died after her car crashed into a tree between Elveden and Brandon has been named as Airman First Class Hayley Reynolds.
The 21-year-old, of New Haven, Indiana, based at RAF Lakenheath, died when her car hit a tree on the B1106 in Elveden in the early hours of Friday.
Airman Reynolds, of the 48th Fighter Wing, joined the 48th Medical Group, In-patient Operations Squadron, in April 2016.
Her next-of-kin have been informed.
Col Evan Pettus, 48th Fighter Wing commander, said: “We are deeply saddened by the loss of Airman Reynolds, and send our sincerest condolences to her family and friends at this difficult time.
You may also want to watch:
“The Liberty Wing would like to thank emergency responders from Suffolk police and Norfolk Fire and Rescue for their efforts in responding to the accident.
“As the days get shorter and colder, we continue to stress driving safety measures to our airmen and families.”
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
Suffolk Constabulary previously confirmed a blue Honda Civic had crashed into a tree, around a mile north of the Center Parcs entrance, at around 12.15am on Friday.
Airman Reynolds was the only person in the car, the force said.
The road was closed while an investigation into the crash took place. It reopened at around 8am on Friday.
RAF Lakenheath is the largest US Air Force-operated base in England. Currently, 4,500 active duty military members are stationed at the base.
Police are asking any witnesses to the collision to contact the serious collision investigation Team on 101 quoting CAD 4 of November 24.