Military dogs on display at RAF Honington
- Credit: SAC Sian Stephens
Our four-legged friends who help the RAF across the world are set to compete at RAF Honington.
The Suffolk base, near Thetford, is home to the RAF Force Protection Force which will be hosting the annual RAF Police Military Working Dogs event on Thursday, September 12.
Patrol dogs and their handlers from across the UK and Cyprus will compete against each other to become the 2019 RAF Military Working Dogs Trials Champion, a prestigious award of becoming best in trade.
Four teams will be put through their paces in three different disciplines - wind scent exercises, obedience and obstacles with criminal workouts.
There will also be a capability demonstration from Number 1 (Tactical) Police Squadron and a display from the RAF Police Dog Demonstration Team.
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 10.30am and ends at 2.30pm with food and drink available.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song