Military dogs on display at RAF Honington
- Credit: SAC Sian Stephens
Our four-legged friends who help the RAF across the world are set to compete at RAF Honington.
The Suffolk base, near Thetford, is home to the RAF Force Protection Force which will be hosting the annual RAF Police Military Working Dogs event on Thursday, September 12.
Patrol dogs and their handlers from across the UK and Cyprus will compete against each other to become the 2019 RAF Military Working Dogs Trials Champion, a prestigious award of becoming best in trade.
Four teams will be put through their paces in three different disciplines - wind scent exercises, obedience and obstacles with criminal workouts.
There will also be a capability demonstration from Number 1 (Tactical) Police Squadron and a display from the RAF Police Dog Demonstration Team.
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 10.30am and ends at 2.30pm with food and drink available.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 8 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 9 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 10 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters