Quiz night raises more than £600 for parkrun
- Credit: Archant
A quiz night raised more than £600 for a local parkrun.
The event, hosted at the Carnegie in Thetford, saw more than 100 people take part in the fundraising quiz including the mayor Roy Brame and the mayoress Karen Brame.
Parkrun director, Melanie Sturman, said the event was to help raise the funds needed to purchase and maintain event equipment for both the Thetford parkrun and the soon-to-launched Junior parkrun.
Ticket sales, a donation from Mr Brame, and a raffle helped raise the money with prizes for the winners and in the raffle donated by local businesses and parkrun participants.
A spokesman for the event said: “The winning team had their photo taken with the Mayor, and each team member won a bottle of wine.
You may also want to watch:
“If you’d like to know more about Thetford parkrun, please visit their website http://www.parkrun.org.uk/thetford/
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?