Quick learners sing at Thetford summer concert
A group of youngsters sang their way through just two-days of rehearsals to give a vibrant performance in front of family and friends.
Some 40 youngsters took part in the Thetford Voices summer workshop during which they learnt numerous songs with the theme of Ups and Downs.
These included one based on a Shakespeare play, a modern gospel and even the popular Under the Sea from Disney’s the Little Mermaid.
Director John Weeks said the children, aged between six and 16, had all worked hard to learn the songs.
He added: “We had songs about mountains and flying and even sewers and things that are up and down physically and there were cheerful and sadder songs so really anything that fit into the theme.
You may also want to watch:
“They learn very quickly and we’ve we certainly got to grips with the songs. There were about nine songs which means they have to work hard and enthusiastically, which they have done. At the end of the day they have to show they have great recourses of concentration as well as make a very nice sound.”
Thetford Voices will hold a further event on August 30, during the Thetford Festival, at Thetford Grammar School.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
This will include a parents and toddlers session from 1.30pm to 2.30pm, a workshop for six to 16-year-olds from 2.30pm to 4.45pm, a Ukulele workshop from 3.45pm to 4.30pm and a Grand Concert for family and friends at 5pm.
Entry is �3 and booking forms, available from Leaping Hare on King Street or by emailing email@example.com, should be returned by August 23.