Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- Credit: QD
A budget chain is opening a new high street store this week in a former Poundstretcher.
The new store, located on London Street in Swaffham, replaces the smaller QD-owned Thing-Me-Bobs outlet in the town’s Market Place.
All of Thing-Me-Bobs' 10 staff are transferring to the new QD, alongside manager Steve Daymond, with an additional seven new jobs created by the move into a bigger premises.
Mr Daymond, who was the manager of the town’s Thing-Me-Bobs said: “We have worked very hard to ensure we are Covid-safe so our shoppers can visit us with confidence.
“It is great to have new staff joining our team too and we all can’t wait to welcome new and existing customers to the store.”
You may also want to watch:
QD is an independent, family-owned chain of high street value retail outlets with 27 stores across the country.
The Swaffham store will open to the public on Thursday, February 25.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 3 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 4 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 5 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 6 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 7 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 8 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 9 Ambitious 2035 climate change fight plan unveiled
- 10 Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building