Pupils from Norwich Road Primary in Thetford paint waiting room mural
While nobody enjoys visiting the doctor, for youngsters the experience has been brightened with a colourful mural.
Pupils from Norwich Road Community Primary School in Thetford created The Very Hungary Caterpillar for the Grove Surgery which now takes pride of place on a wall in the waiting room. Members of the Friends of Grove Surgery, on Grove Lane, also bought a selection of children’s books with money bequeathed by former chairman Reg Payne.
Assistant practice manager Sue Stirling said the newly created children’s corner had been welcomed by surgery staff and visiting youngsters.
She added: “We try to do things for the children because they can get bored and unfortunately you do have toys and books go missing.
“It looks really good and we’re very happy with it.”
You may also want to watch:
The mural, which was painted at the school on canvas before being assembled at the surgery, was the idea of one of the doctors and organised by practice manager Sue Morgan.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results