Public urged to attend pub licence review
Dominic Chessum Concerned townsfolk who wrote to licensing officers about the White Hart pub in Swaffham have been urged to attend a hearing next week which could see the pub's owners have their premises licence revoked.
Concerned townsfolk who wrote to licensing officers about the White Hart pub in Swaffham have been urged to attend a hearing next week which could see the pub's owners have their premises licence revoked.
Police requested the licence for The White Hart, in London Street, be reviewed in January citing concerns over disproportionate levels of anti-social behaviour and the irresponsible attitude of managers.
The matter is due to be heard by Breckland Council's licensing sub-committee next Wednesday when it sits at the Assembly Rooms in Swaffham's Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
A number of residents wrote to the council about the White Hart during a period of public consultation which ended last month.
At a meeting of Swaffham Town Council on Wednesday, Ian Sherwood, who is chairman of the licensing committee, urged all those who had written in to attend the meeting where they would be given the chance to address the panel.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 3 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
He said: “Anyone who has written in can go along to the hearing and speak.
“We would encourage people to do that because the committee prefers verbal evidence.”
The hearing to revoke the premises licence will begin at 1pm while in the morning the committee will hear an application from the White Hart's management to change the person designated as premises supervisor.