Public urged to attend pub licence review
Dominic Chessum Concerned townsfolk who wrote to licensing officers about the White Hart pub in Swaffham have been urged to attend a hearing next week which could see the pub's owners have their premises licence revoked.
Concerned townsfolk who wrote to licensing officers about the White Hart pub in Swaffham have been urged to attend a hearing next week which could see the pub's owners have their premises licence revoked.
Police requested the licence for The White Hart, in London Street, be reviewed in January citing concerns over disproportionate levels of anti-social behaviour and the irresponsible attitude of managers.
The matter is due to be heard by Breckland Council's licensing sub-committee next Wednesday when it sits at the Assembly Rooms in Swaffham's Market Place.
A number of residents wrote to the council about the White Hart during a period of public consultation which ended last month.
At a meeting of Swaffham Town Council on Wednesday, Ian Sherwood, who is chairman of the licensing committee, urged all those who had written in to attend the meeting where they would be given the chance to address the panel.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
He said: “Anyone who has written in can go along to the hearing and speak.
“We would encourage people to do that because the committee prefers verbal evidence.”
The hearing to revoke the premises licence will begin at 1pm while in the morning the committee will hear an application from the White Hart's management to change the person designated as premises supervisor.