Proposed new supermarket for Thetford
A proposal for a new supermarket has been mooted in Thetford.
Property company Location 3 is in talks with two of the “big four” supermarkets not already represented in the town regarding the former Thermos/Tulip site on Caxton Way.
If given the go-ahead, up to 250 jobs could be created as well as a new junction with London Road to provide access to the proposed store, 315 car parking spaces and a new petrol station.
A leaflet has been sent to residents in the town and a public exhibition was recently held at the Guildhall, outlining the potential scheme.
Properties, Alan Gibbons, said: “The public exhibition gave us an excellent opportunity to speak to residents directly about the proposals and find out their views.
You may also want to watch:
“We are taking on board many of the comments received and are currently will looking at amending our planning application to reflect these.”
The planning application was due to be submitted before Christmas but the company has decided to defer the submission until January.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
Discussions are ongoing with potential occupiers of the store and it is hoped the company will be able to make an announcement by February.
Permission has already been granted for a new Lidl supermarket on London Road.