Proposed new supermarket for Thetford
A proposal for a new supermarket has been mooted in Thetford.
Property company Location 3 is in talks with two of the “big four” supermarkets not already represented in the town regarding the former Thermos/Tulip site on Caxton Way.
If given the go-ahead, up to 250 jobs could be created as well as a new junction with London Road to provide access to the proposed store, 315 car parking spaces and a new petrol station.
A leaflet has been sent to residents in the town and a public exhibition was recently held at the Guildhall, outlining the potential scheme.
Properties, Alan Gibbons, said: “The public exhibition gave us an excellent opportunity to speak to residents directly about the proposals and find out their views.
You may also want to watch:
“We are taking on board many of the comments received and are currently will looking at amending our planning application to reflect these.”
The planning application was due to be submitted before Christmas but the company has decided to defer the submission until January.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 3 Center Parcs to reopen on April 12 for self-catering guests only
- 4 Warm winds bring Saharan dust as temperatures soar to 17C
- 5 Man denies causing death by dangerous driving after fatal A143 crash
- 6 Dogs Trust releases phone calls of 'heartbroken' owners forced to give up pets
- 7 Norfolk given extra £10m to stop Covid spread in care homes
- 8 Pub to get major revamp - but needs a landlord first
- 9 Ambitious 2035 climate change fight plan unveiled
- 10 What our readers think of the vaccine passport debate
Discussions are ongoing with potential occupiers of the store and it is hoped the company will be able to make an announcement by February.
Permission has already been granted for a new Lidl supermarket on London Road.