Proposed new supermarket for Thetford
A proposal for a new supermarket has been mooted in Thetford.
Property company Location 3 is in talks with two of the “big four” supermarkets not already represented in the town regarding the former Thermos/Tulip site on Caxton Way.
If given the go-ahead, up to 250 jobs could be created as well as a new junction with London Road to provide access to the proposed store, 315 car parking spaces and a new petrol station.
A leaflet has been sent to residents in the town and a public exhibition was recently held at the Guildhall, outlining the potential scheme.
Properties, Alan Gibbons, said: “The public exhibition gave us an excellent opportunity to speak to residents directly about the proposals and find out their views.
You may also want to watch:
“We are taking on board many of the comments received and are currently will looking at amending our planning application to reflect these.”
The planning application was due to be submitted before Christmas but the company has decided to defer the submission until January.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 7 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 8 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 9 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 10 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
Discussions are ongoing with potential occupiers of the store and it is hoped the company will be able to make an announcement by February.
Permission has already been granted for a new Lidl supermarket on London Road.