Prison warning for men on rave charges
Two men charged with offences relating to an illegal Suffolk rave have been warned they could face prison if convicted.Michael Hodges, 19, of Finborough Road, Stowmarket, and Joshua Barrington-Lee, 22, of Canterbury Close, Ipswich, appeared before Bury St Edmunds magistrates yesterday.
Two men charged with offences relating to an illegal Suffolk rave have been warned they could face prison if convicted.
Michael Hodges, 19, of Finborough Road, Stowmarket, and Joshua Barrington-Lee, 22, of Canterbury Close, Ipswich, appeared before Bury St Edmunds magistrates yesterday.
Neither man entered a plea to a charge that they organised the unauthorised rave at King's Forest, North Stow, on July 15 last year.
The rave was attended by an estimated 1,000 people and was broken up by about 100 police officers from Suffolk, Norfolk, and Essex.
You may also want to watch:
Barrington-Lee pleaded guilty to a charge of possession of ecstasy, cocaine and ketamine but magistrates were told it was relatively small quantities for private use and that it had no connection with the rave.
A further nine men appeared before magistrates charged with committing violent disorder at the same rave.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
None of the men entered a plea.
They were: Peter Stokes, 29, of Ipswich Street, Bury St Edmunds, Stuart Brown, 24, of The Street, Bergh Apton, near Norwich, Adrian Rowbotham, 27, of King's Green Fairstead, King's Lynn, Kirk Austin, 18, from the Causeway, Stow Bridge, King's Lynn, Wayne Saxton, 19, of Mellis Road, Yaxley, near Eye, Luke Parker, 25, of Norwich Road, Brockford, near Stowmarket, Christopher Kerry, 23, of Church Close, Roydon, near Diss, Craig Kirtley, 23, from Verneuil Avenue, Stowmarket and Christopher Hood, 18, from the Hemplands, Lowestoft.
All the defendants were granted bail on condition they did not attend any unauthorised event in England and Wales.
Hodges and Barrington-Lee were ordered to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on June 6. The others will return to Bury St Edmunds Magistrates' Court on April 28.