Three people exposed to potentially toxic fumes in industrial incident
- Credit: Archant
Three people were exposed to potentially toxic fumes following a suspected chemical incident on an industrial estate.
The incident, which happened at around 10pm on Monday, saw fire crews from Thetford, Kings Lynn, and Norwich, along with other emergency services attend the scene on Brunel Way, Thetford.
Police said they were called due to concerns for the safety of occupants of the unit.
A spokesman said: “They believe the chemicals have been mixed incorrectly causing some fumes at a premises on Brunel Way.
“Three people were exposed to these fumes in total. We were told as a precaution in terms of evacuation.”
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Fire and Rescue cordoned off the affected area and evacuated people from within the unit.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted