Three people exposed to potentially toxic fumes in industrial incident
- Credit: Archant
Three people were exposed to potentially toxic fumes following a suspected chemical incident on an industrial estate.
The incident, which happened at around 10pm on Monday, saw fire crews from Thetford, Kings Lynn, and Norwich, along with other emergency services attend the scene on Brunel Way, Thetford.
Police said they were called due to concerns for the safety of occupants of the unit.
A spokesman said: “They believe the chemicals have been mixed incorrectly causing some fumes at a premises on Brunel Way.
“Three people were exposed to these fumes in total. We were told as a precaution in terms of evacuation.”
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Fire and Rescue cordoned off the affected area and evacuated people from within the unit.
- 1 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 2 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 3 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 4 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 7 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 8 Concerns wait for plan review could open door to 'aggressive' development
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town