Three people exposed to potentially toxic fumes in industrial incident
- Credit: Archant
Three people were exposed to potentially toxic fumes following a suspected chemical incident on an industrial estate.
The incident, which happened at around 10pm on Monday, saw fire crews from Thetford, Kings Lynn, and Norwich, along with other emergency services attend the scene on Brunel Way, Thetford.
Police said they were called due to concerns for the safety of occupants of the unit.
A spokesman said: “They believe the chemicals have been mixed incorrectly causing some fumes at a premises on Brunel Way.
“Three people were exposed to these fumes in total. We were told as a precaution in terms of evacuation.”
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Fire and Rescue cordoned off the affected area and evacuated people from within the unit.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 6 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle