Post-mortem on mystery body
A post-mortem examination was being carried out last night after the body of a man was found in a river.An investigation was launched at the weekend after the dead man was found at a secluded spot in the Little Ouse in Thetford.
A post-mortem examination was being carried out last night after the body of a man was found in a river.
An investigation was launched at the weekend after the dead man was found at a secluded spot in the Little Ouse in Thetford.
Detectives are treating his death as unexplained after police were called to the scene near Spring Walk by a member of the public just before midday on Sunday.
Norfolk Police yesterday confirmed that a Home Office post-mortem examination was being carried out.
You may also want to watch:
The riverside footpath, which is popular with dogwalkers, was closed and a police cordon was set up between Bridges Walk and Nuns Bridges.
A Norfolk police spokesman said the man had not yet been identified.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in