‘She is beautiful inside and out’ - Poppy raised hundreds for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from Brandon has raised nearly £1,000 for a cancer charity after shaving her head.
Poppy Cash, 12, raised £800 for Macmillian Cancer Support from donations take at Tesco Brandon and through her own sponsors.
She was joined by family and friends in the store as her head was shaved by Kerryanne Hamilton-Cash from Cre8tive Hair Studio.
Poppy said she loved her new look and the she is donating her hair to make wigs for young cancer patients.
Parents Lisa and Alan Cash said: "We are very proud of our daughter, she is beautiful inside and out."
You may also want to watch:
Since 2015 Brave the Shave has raised more than £22.7m for Macmillan Cancer Support, which is enough to pay 140 nurses for three years.
Hair can then be donated to the Little Princess Trust, a charity that provides real hair wigs to patients who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 8 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?