‘She is beautiful inside and out’ - Poppy raised hundreds for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from Brandon has raised nearly £1,000 for a cancer charity after shaving her head.
Poppy Cash, 12, raised £800 for Macmillian Cancer Support from donations take at Tesco Brandon and through her own sponsors.
She was joined by family and friends in the store as her head was shaved by Kerryanne Hamilton-Cash from Cre8tive Hair Studio.
Poppy said she loved her new look and the she is donating her hair to make wigs for young cancer patients.
Parents Lisa and Alan Cash said: "We are very proud of our daughter, she is beautiful inside and out."
You may also want to watch:
Since 2015 Brave the Shave has raised more than £22.7m for Macmillan Cancer Support, which is enough to pay 140 nurses for three years.
Hair can then be donated to the Little Princess Trust, a charity that provides real hair wigs to patients who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Cordon lifted in country park as murder inquiry continues
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation