‘She is beautiful inside and out’ - Poppy raised hundreds for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
A youngster from Brandon has raised nearly £1,000 for a cancer charity after shaving her head.
Poppy Cash, 12, raised £800 for Macmillian Cancer Support from donations take at Tesco Brandon and through her own sponsors.
She was joined by family and friends in the store as her head was shaved by Kerryanne Hamilton-Cash from Cre8tive Hair Studio.
Poppy said she loved her new look and the she is donating her hair to make wigs for young cancer patients.
Parents Lisa and Alan Cash said: "We are very proud of our daughter, she is beautiful inside and out."
You may also want to watch:
Since 2015 Brave the Shave has raised more than £22.7m for Macmillan Cancer Support, which is enough to pay 140 nurses for three years.
Hair can then be donated to the Little Princess Trust, a charity that provides real hair wigs to patients who have lost their own hair through cancer treatment.
- 1 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000