Police search for missing prisoner
Rebecca Gough A prisoner who failed to return to a Suffolk prison is being sought by police.
A prisoner who failed to return to a Suffolk prison is being sought by police.
Taz Bashir, 30, who was serving eight years for two counts of burglary, one of which was aggravated, robbery and theft of a motor vehicle was granted leave to meet his family at Linton in Cambridgeshire. He was due to return to Highpoint Prison, near Newmarket, by 4.15pm on Monday but failed to show.
Bashir is Asian, 5ft 10in, of medium build, with short brown hair and a scar on his right cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 6 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle