Police search for missing prisoner
Rebecca Gough A prisoner who failed to return to a Suffolk prison is being sought by police.
A prisoner who failed to return to a Suffolk prison is being sought by police.
Taz Bashir, 30, who was serving eight years for two counts of burglary, one of which was aggravated, robbery and theft of a motor vehicle was granted leave to meet his family at Linton in Cambridgeshire. He was due to return to Highpoint Prison, near Newmarket, by 4.15pm on Monday but failed to show.
Bashir is Asian, 5ft 10in, of medium build, with short brown hair and a scar on his right cheek.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted