Police offer advice to drivers heading for Suffolk Show
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Police are reminding drivers they may need to allow extra time for their journey over the next couple of days as the 2016 Suffolk Show gets underway at Trinity Park.
Officers are also encouraging visitors to the Show to come along to say hello to some of the policing teams who will be on the site during the event, and to remember to take basic crime reduction measures to protect your belongings.
The annual show is being held today and tomorrow (June 1 and 2) and while everything possible will be done to keep the traffic flowing police are reminding motorists there may be some delays, due to the numbers heading to the show.
Thousands of visitors are expected to attend the two-day event and, as there may be some disruption, police are asking drivers to think ahead and either leave more time for their journey at peak times or, if appropriate, to find an alternative route.
As usual drivers approaching the Show along the A12 from Woodbridge will be directed along the Bucklesham village route, while those approaching from the west along the A14 are asked to use lane one after the Orwell Bridge and to then come off at the Seven Hills A14/A12 roundabout, use both lanes on the slip road off the A14 and then utilise two lanes around the roundabout itself towards the showground.
You may also want to watch:
Police will be on hand to respond to reports of collisions or specific delays and will also be on patrol within the showground.
The constabulary will also have a presence on two stands – one at Flower Show Avenue with the themes of rural crime, road safety, volunteers and recruitment, with the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier