Police investigate stabbing in Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Police are investigating a stabbing in Thetford.
The victim, a man in his 30s, was involved in an altercation with another man on Bury Road at around 12.40am on Saturday. The victim was then chased by the man from Bury Road, onto Mill Lane and then to Bridges Walk where he was stabbed.
The victim suffered injuries to his arm and torso and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a stable condition.
Det Sgt Chris Archer said: "Officers are still in the early stages of their enquiries and at this stage we are trying to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident, including how the victim and suspect may be known to each other.
"We would particularly like to hear from anyone who was in the Bury Road, Mill Lane and Bridges Walk areas between 12.30am and 1.15am on Saturday morning, or anyone who saw the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Alex Gilmour at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 8 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 9 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters