Police investigate stabbing in Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Police are investigating a stabbing in Thetford.
The victim, a man in his 30s, was involved in an altercation with another man on Bury Road at around 12.40am on Saturday. The victim was then chased by the man from Bury Road, onto Mill Lane and then to Bridges Walk where he was stabbed.
The victim suffered injuries to his arm and torso and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a stable condition.
Det Sgt Chris Archer said: "Officers are still in the early stages of their enquiries and at this stage we are trying to establish the full circumstances surrounding this incident, including how the victim and suspect may be known to each other.
"We would particularly like to hear from anyone who was in the Bury Road, Mill Lane and Bridges Walk areas between 12.30am and 1.15am on Saturday morning, or anyone who saw the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Alex Gilmour at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in leg and stomach
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 5 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 9 Coronavirus rates go up in every district across Norfolk
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed