Police investigate sexual assault in Thetford
Police are appealing for information after a 21-year-old women was sexually assaulted in Thetford.The attack took place on Barnham Cross Common yesterday, at about 10pm.
Police are appealing for information after a 21-year-old women was sexually assaulted in Thetford.
The attack took place on Barnham Cross Common on Thursday, at about 10pm.
The woman was walking through the common when she was approached from behind from a man, who forced her into a wooded area where she was sexually assaulted.
The attacker is described as black and 6ft tall. He was wearing a blue fleece, blue tracksuit bottoms and white trainers. He was also carrying a red and black rucksack.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rickie Botwright, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a frightening attack which has left the victim distressed.
“We are keen to speak to anyone who believes they may have spotted someone acting suspiciously in the area or who believes they may know who may be responsible.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
“We have increased patrols in the area to provide reassurance to members of the local community.”
Anyone with information should contact Det Insp Botwright at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.