Police drop hunt for thief who targeted cars at 3am
- Credit: Archant
Police have called off the hunt for a thief who stole from a number cars.
People living in Longmere Road, Watton, woke up on Friday, January 31 to find items had been taken from their cars.
After watching a neighbour's CCTV a man was seen opening car doors and searching for valuables.
A police spokesman said: "Due to a lack of evidence the line of enquiry and the investigation has been closed.
"Crime prevention has been given to the residents."
You may also want to watch:
In the CCTV footage the man is seen approaching cars, at about 3am, and attempting to open them.
In one case he is able to open a car and searches the driver's seat before opening the boot.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 4 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 5 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 6 Man denies possessing and dealing class A drugs
- 7 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 8 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 9 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 10 Wanted man arrested in Norfolk
Neighbour Tim Barnes, 65, said at the time: "It makes me angry, it's a nice quiet area with brilliant neighbours. It's worrying - he was mooching around as if it was his own car."