Police drop hunt for thief who targeted cars at 3am
- Credit: Archant
Police have called off the hunt for a thief who stole from a number cars.
People living in Longmere Road, Watton, woke up on Friday, January 31 to find items had been taken from their cars.
After watching a neighbour's CCTV a man was seen opening car doors and searching for valuables.
A police spokesman said: "Due to a lack of evidence the line of enquiry and the investigation has been closed.
"Crime prevention has been given to the residents."
You may also want to watch:
In the CCTV footage the man is seen approaching cars, at about 3am, and attempting to open them.
In one case he is able to open a car and searches the driver's seat before opening the boot.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 9 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 10 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
Neighbour Tim Barnes, 65, said at the time: "It makes me angry, it's a nice quiet area with brilliant neighbours. It's worrying - he was mooching around as if it was his own car."