Police drop hunt for thief who targeted cars at 3am
- Credit: Archant
Police have called off the hunt for a thief who stole from a number cars.
People living in Longmere Road, Watton, woke up on Friday, January 31 to find items had been taken from their cars.
After watching a neighbour's CCTV a man was seen opening car doors and searching for valuables.
A police spokesman said: "Due to a lack of evidence the line of enquiry and the investigation has been closed.
"Crime prevention has been given to the residents."
You may also want to watch:
In the CCTV footage the man is seen approaching cars, at about 3am, and attempting to open them.
In one case he is able to open a car and searches the driver's seat before opening the boot.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Neighbour Tim Barnes, 65, said at the time: "It makes me angry, it's a nice quiet area with brilliant neighbours. It's worrying - he was mooching around as if it was his own car."