Police drop hunt for thief who targeted cars at 3am
- Credit: Archant
Police have called off the hunt for a thief who stole from a number cars.
People living in Longmere Road, Watton, woke up on Friday, January 31 to find items had been taken from their cars.
After watching a neighbour's CCTV a man was seen opening car doors and searching for valuables.
A police spokesman said: "Due to a lack of evidence the line of enquiry and the investigation has been closed.
"Crime prevention has been given to the residents."
In the CCTV footage the man is seen approaching cars, at about 3am, and attempting to open them.
In one case he is able to open a car and searches the driver's seat before opening the boot.
- 1 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 4 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 5 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
Neighbour Tim Barnes, 65, said at the time: "It makes me angry, it's a nice quiet area with brilliant neighbours. It's worrying - he was mooching around as if it was his own car."