Police continue investigations into man’s river death
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the discovery of a man’s body in the river at Brandon are preparing a file on the circumstances surrounding his death for the coroner.
Emergency services were called an area near Riverside Way on Thursday December 20 after a member of the public reported seeing a body in the water.
Police have confirmed that the death remains unexplained but is not being treated as suspicious.
Investigations are continuing, but the identity of the man has since been established and his next of kin have been informed.
Detectives are now preparing a file for the Suffolk coroner and an inquest into the man’s death and the circumstances of how he came to be in the River Little Ouse is expected to be held.
You may also want to watch:
People living nearby have expressed their shock at the discovery but said it was not the first death in the river.
Andrew Rose, 58, landlord at the nearby pub, The Ram Inn, said: “They pulled a few bodies out of the river. I have been here nine years and they have pulled three or four out.”
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted