Picturesque Thetford gardens to go on display for charity
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered fund-raisers are urging people to save a date in June as once again beautiful gardens across Thetford will open their gates in aid of a local charity.
The popular Thetford Open Gardens event will take place on Sunday, June 25 and will once again see gardens of all shapes and sizes showcased in aid of a good cause.
Last year’s event attracted hundreds of visitors and raised more than £11,000 for St Nicholas Hospice Care, Bury St Edmunds, which will also benefit from money raised at this year’s open gardens.
Rachel Woods, one of the organisers said: “This will be Thetford Open Gardens 11th year and as always it will be a challenge, especially as we would like to raise £11,000 again this year.”
Admission is by programme available from Thetford Garden Centre and Thetford’s Great Information Centre.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Rachel Woods at email@example.com or call 01842 762165.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease