Picturesque Thetford gardens to go on display for charity
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered fund-raisers are urging people to save a date in June as once again beautiful gardens across Thetford will open their gates in aid of a local charity.
The popular Thetford Open Gardens event will take place on Sunday, June 25 and will once again see gardens of all shapes and sizes showcased in aid of a good cause.
Last year’s event attracted hundreds of visitors and raised more than £11,000 for St Nicholas Hospice Care, Bury St Edmunds, which will also benefit from money raised at this year’s open gardens.
Rachel Woods, one of the organisers said: “This will be Thetford Open Gardens 11th year and as always it will be a challenge, especially as we would like to raise £11,000 again this year.”
Admission is by programme available from Thetford Garden Centre and Thetford’s Great Information Centre.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Rachel Woods at email@example.com or call 01842 762165.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider