Picture Gallery: Elderly Thetford residents show how “Best of British” is done
It was an event reminiscent of earlier years for a group of elderly people when they attended a special party.
Residents of Laburnum Grove, in Elm Road, celebrated with a Best of British-themed event complete with Vera Lynn songs and decorations.
Staff dressed up and entertainment included a falconry flying demonstration, ballroom dancing and their very own Pearly King and Land Girls.
Activities coordinator Jana Hopkins said: “We like to celebrate what we do and we use it to raise money for other activities by selling tickets and doing activities in the day.”
She went on: “We did a tea party on the Royal Wedding day and thought we’d keep the decorations and do a bit more at a later date. We’ve been very patriotic this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I think because the residents don’t really get out as much because of disabilities, this is a highlight for them.
“We invited their families and they dressed up and it was something to see.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 7 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Burst main leaves villages without water
“It was hectic but it was fun.”
A total of �200 was raised through ticket sales and a further �200 from raffle tickets at the event which was held last week.