Picture Gallery: Elderly Thetford residents show how “Best of British” is done
It was an event reminiscent of earlier years for a group of elderly people when they attended a special party.
Residents of Laburnum Grove, in Elm Road, celebrated with a Best of British-themed event complete with Vera Lynn songs and decorations.
Staff dressed up and entertainment included a falconry flying demonstration, ballroom dancing and their very own Pearly King and Land Girls.
Activities coordinator Jana Hopkins said: “We like to celebrate what we do and we use it to raise money for other activities by selling tickets and doing activities in the day.”
She went on: “We did a tea party on the Royal Wedding day and thought we’d keep the decorations and do a bit more at a later date. We’ve been very patriotic this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I think because the residents don’t really get out as much because of disabilities, this is a highlight for them.
“We invited their families and they dressed up and it was something to see.
- 1 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 2 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 3 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 4 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 8 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 9 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 10 Start date for phase two of 5,000-home development, after land bought near A11
“It was hectic but it was fun.”
A total of �200 was raised through ticket sales and a further �200 from raffle tickets at the event which was held last week.