Picture Gallery: Elderly Thetford residents show how “Best of British” is done
It was an event reminiscent of earlier years for a group of elderly people when they attended a special party.
Residents of Laburnum Grove, in Elm Road, celebrated with a Best of British-themed event complete with Vera Lynn songs and decorations.
Staff dressed up and entertainment included a falconry flying demonstration, ballroom dancing and their very own Pearly King and Land Girls.
Activities coordinator Jana Hopkins said: “We like to celebrate what we do and we use it to raise money for other activities by selling tickets and doing activities in the day.”
She went on: “We did a tea party on the Royal Wedding day and thought we’d keep the decorations and do a bit more at a later date. We’ve been very patriotic this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I think because the residents don’t really get out as much because of disabilities, this is a highlight for them.
“We invited their families and they dressed up and it was something to see.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
“It was hectic but it was fun.”
A total of �200 was raised through ticket sales and a further �200 from raffle tickets at the event which was held last week.