Picture Gallery: Elderly Thetford residents show how “Best of British” is done
It was an event reminiscent of earlier years for a group of elderly people when they attended a special party.
Residents of Laburnum Grove, in Elm Road, celebrated with a Best of British-themed event complete with Vera Lynn songs and decorations.
Staff dressed up and entertainment included a falconry flying demonstration, ballroom dancing and their very own Pearly King and Land Girls.
Activities coordinator Jana Hopkins said: “We like to celebrate what we do and we use it to raise money for other activities by selling tickets and doing activities in the day.”
She went on: “We did a tea party on the Royal Wedding day and thought we’d keep the decorations and do a bit more at a later date. We’ve been very patriotic this year.
You may also want to watch:
“I think because the residents don’t really get out as much because of disabilities, this is a highlight for them.
“We invited their families and they dressed up and it was something to see.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 8 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 9 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen
- 10 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
“It was hectic but it was fun.”
A total of �200 was raised through ticket sales and a further �200 from raffle tickets at the event which was held last week.