Photography course launced in Brandon
A SIX week course designed to help people master the basics of good photography has been launched in Brandon.
A SIX week course designed to help people master the basics of good photography has been lunched in Brandon.
The free lessons, starting this month, will enable people to understand their cameras better and to take, print and enjoy better pictures. The course will culminate in an exhibition of photographs taken in and around Brandon by course participants.
The course is run by Brandon Foto-Imaging Group, a new community group set up by experienced local amateur photographers Noel Cator and Doug Kendall, to help others enjoy photography. The sessions are funded by a grant from Forest Heath District Council.
Noel Cator, co-founder of Brandon Foto-Imaging Group, said: “Good photography is a skill and pastime that can enhance people's lives. Too many people fail to get the best out of their cameras.
You may also want to watch:
“These sessions will be friendly, practical and straightforward, enabling anyone to take pleasure and pride out of capturing a good photo. We are very excited about the final exhibition. Brandon is a beautiful, picturesque area. We hope to foster pride for where we live by celebrating photographs taken by local people of local sights.”
The course begins on Tuesday, June 22, from 7.30 to 9.30pm, at Brandon Church Institute on London Road and runs bi-weekly (July 6, July 20, August 3, August 17 and August 31).
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 From infighting to foreign secretary - Elizabeth Truss' rise to success
The exhibition of work produced will take place in September.
The course is open to all adults. Young people under the age of 18 are welcome, but must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian. Everyone is encouraged to bring their cameras along.
There is no need to register for the course, but if you would like more information call Noel Cator on 01842 813439 or Doug Kendall on 01842 814309.