Photo Gallery: Northwold Carnival
Northwold Carnival went without a hitch to celebrate a number of floats, stands and attractions.
Carnival Queen was Kya Raven and carnival King was Jack Anderson while south west Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss and parish councillor Alison Muir judged the parade.
This year’s theme was A Right Royal Carnival, in celebration of the royal wedding, and hosted various stalls and attractions. These included the Sea Scouts, a gym display, street dancing and a Chinese Lion Dance.
Winning float was Tots and Co with The Royal Wedding, in second place was the Little Normans Pre-school with Shrek, and in third Northwold Primary School with The Queen of Hearts, while costume winners were Mia Gould as Alice in wonderland, Jack Greenacre in second place as a playing card and joint 3rd Alfie Anderson as The Mad Hatter, and Maggie May as Princess Fiona in joint third.
Adult winners were Brenda Ayres as Queen Victoria, Patricia Haye as The Pearly Queen of Northwold in second place and Ann Howarth as Marie Antoinette in third place.
You may also want to watch:
One of the organisers, Sheena Randell, said: “Our thanks also go to Hall Farm who always allow our carnival parade to start from their grounds. Believe it or not we are already talking about next year, and have made several enquiries as what to bring to the next event.
“I wish I could name everyone who helped in one way or another, but fear of forgetting and upsetting someone prevents me. We hope in time to bring you the news of what we raised. Early indications are very good and we have passed the �2,000 stage. Watch this space.”
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees