Pensioner rescued from river
Rebecca Gough A 79-year-old man was taken to hospital after being rescued from a river at the bottom of his garden.
A 79-YEAR-OLD man was taken to hospital after being rescued from a river at the bottom of his garden.
Emergency services were called to the scene on Church Lane in Whittington, near Stoke Ferry, at about 12.45pm today after the man fell from his boat .
The pensioner was rescued from the 7ft deep water, which he was in up to his waist, and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
He was conscious and breathing.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 3 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 4 Farm's 'Goats at Home' service booms after lockdown
- 5 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 6 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Thetford Forest invites runners to enjoy fresh air and scenery
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs