Pensioner rescued from river
Rebecca Gough A 79-year-old man was taken to hospital after being rescued from a river at the bottom of his garden.
A 79-YEAR-OLD man was taken to hospital after being rescued from a river at the bottom of his garden.
Emergency services were called to the scene on Church Lane in Whittington, near Stoke Ferry, at about 12.45pm today after the man fell from his boat .
The pensioner was rescued from the 7ft deep water, which he was in up to his waist, and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
He was conscious and breathing.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 7 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 8 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered