Parliament tour for budding Forest Heath politicians
A group of 30 children and young people spent the day in London learning about democracy.
The youngsters included budding politicians who sit on the Forest Heath Youth Forum.
MP Matthew Hancock had arranged for the young people to receive an exclusive tour of the Houses of Parliament, before heading to Downing Street for a photo opportunity outside number 10.
The young people then travelled to the London Eye where they had a 30 minute flight and took in the views of London.
Councillor Eddie Stewart who joined the youth councillors on the trip said: “We had a fantastic day in London with the children and they all learned so much and appreciated the experience.
You may also want to watch:
“Despite the rain, spirits were not dampened and big thanks to Forest Heath District Council and Mathew Hancock, MP for giving the children a once in a lifetime opportunity.”
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'