‘It just gets worse’ - parking problems continue at Norfolk retail park
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are still getting confused about parking in a new retail park.
The Breckland Retail Park, in London Road, Thetford, cost £6.9m and was completed in June this year. Yet motorists are still getting caught out parking on junctions and crossings outside its B&M store.
Despite its modern architecture and newly surfaced roads, the car park markings do not seem to be clear enough to drivers.
Motorists appear to have mistaken the zebra crossing as the line of a parking space, while also blocking the road and entrance to the shopping trolley bay.
Thetford residents have reported that since the development has opened the issue has been happening regularly.
You may also want to watch:
This picture was posted on the town's social media page Thetford Forum to the amusement of its members.
The park has five retail units, three of which have been taken on by B&M, Home Bargains, and Greggs, and has created 200 jobs.
- 1 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 5 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 10 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation