Hundreds of pounds worth of tools stolen from back of van
- Credit: Getty Images
Hundreds of pounds worth of painting tools have been stolen from the back of a van.
A painter and decorator was unloading his van to start work on Ethelreda Drive in Thetford on Monday when his equipment was stolen some time between 9.10am and 9.36am.
The decorator’s wife said the stolen brushed and rollers were worth around £300.
She said: “It’s just such a shame - he works so hard and it seems so unfair. My husband is one of those people that would do anything for anyone. It makes me so cross.”
Earlier this month a 12-year-old’s bicycle worth £500 was stolen from St John’s Way in Thetford. Footage captured on a neighbour’s CCTV shows two hooded figures, one running and one on the bike, in the nearby car park.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the painting equipment theft should ring 101 quoting reference 36/18203/19, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 9 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident