Pageant winner visits former school Mildenhall College Academy to talk to pupils
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Suffolk school were visited by the current Miss Diamond UK who spoke about the importance of self-worth.
Jade Bailey talked to year eight and nine pupils at her former school, Mildenhall College Academy, as part of the We Belong Here campaign, which tackles misconceptions.
Miss Bailey, who has battled both anorexia and thyroid cancer, runs workshops for 12 to 16-year-old girls aimed at helping create their own definition of perfect and the effects bullying can have.
She also spoke about the pressure that is placed on body image.
During one speech Miss Bailey said: “I’m continuously asked why I compete in pageants and my answer is simple - because I was told I would never win.”
You may also want to watch:
Many of the students have been in contact with Miss Bailey since her visit expressing their gratitude.
She is competing in the Miss Regency International Crown in Las Vegas.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11