Opening date for Greggs, B&M and Home Bargains at new retail park announced
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers in a Norfolk town will soon be able to start using a new retail park as the dates of the first stores to open are announced.
The £6.9m Breckland Retail Park, on London Road, Thetford, was completed recently with three of its seven units having tenants.
A Greggs, B&M and Home Bargains will be opening at the park with the first store opening in mid July.
Greggs has confirmed it will open its new store on Friday, July 17 creating 14 jobs.
Jeanette Jones, shop manager at Thetford Breckland Retail Park, said: "We can't wait to open our doors and hear what the local community thinks.
You may also want to watch:
B&M is due to open its doors for the first time at 9am on Friday, July 19, creating 60 new jobs at Breckland Retail Park
A spokesperson from B&M said: "We're feeling really positive about the creation of more jobs for local people and we hope customers are going to be delighted with their new store.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank
- 10 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats
"We are all really excited to get the doors open and welcome our new customers through the door in a few months."
Home Bargains is the last of the first three stores to open on Saturday, July 27.
The store is still recruiting for members of staff including management positions.
A spokesperson for Home Bargains said: "We are currently recruiting for store supervisors, store assistants and store cleaners and would encourage those interested to head to our careers website for more information.
"As a result of our constant growth, we're always looking for new staff across the country."
The retail park was completed by Urban Edge Architecture (UEA) on behalf of Stapleford BRP Ltd. In conjunction with the development, UEA had to provide a short section of the London Road cycle path, which runs between Caxton Way to Forest Retail Park.