Open day to highlight career options for school leavers in Breckland
- Credit: Archant
An open day is being held to help raise awareness and inform young people in Breckland about their options after leaving school.
Nova Training - a training provider which supports people aged 14 to 24 through study programmes, traineeships and apprenticeships - are hosting the event in Thetford.
The event will give young people a chance to look into the training and apprenticeship opportunities available from Nova Training in a number of fields, including construction and hospitality, and helps people to find employment.
The open day will be held on Thursday, April 13 at the centre’s base at The Maltings on Raymond Street, from 10am to 3pm.
Norfolk is above the national average for the number of people involved in apprenticeships - with 1,250 new apprentices in the year leading up to 2016 in Breckland.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Lynsey Cole on 01842 761400.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist