Open day to highlight career options for school leavers in Breckland
- Credit: Archant
An open day is being held to help raise awareness and inform young people in Breckland about their options after leaving school.
Nova Training - a training provider which supports people aged 14 to 24 through study programmes, traineeships and apprenticeships - are hosting the event in Thetford.
The event will give young people a chance to look into the training and apprenticeship opportunities available from Nova Training in a number of fields, including construction and hospitality, and helps people to find employment.
The open day will be held on Thursday, April 13 at the centre’s base at The Maltings on Raymond Street, from 10am to 3pm.
Norfolk is above the national average for the number of people involved in apprenticeships - with 1,250 new apprentices in the year leading up to 2016 in Breckland.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Lynsey Cole on 01842 761400.
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 5 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 10 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp