Open day to highlight career options for school leavers in Breckland
- Credit: Archant
An open day is being held to help raise awareness and inform young people in Breckland about their options after leaving school.
Nova Training - a training provider which supports people aged 14 to 24 through study programmes, traineeships and apprenticeships - are hosting the event in Thetford.
The event will give young people a chance to look into the training and apprenticeship opportunities available from Nova Training in a number of fields, including construction and hospitality, and helps people to find employment.
The open day will be held on Thursday, April 13 at the centre’s base at The Maltings on Raymond Street, from 10am to 3pm.
Norfolk is above the national average for the number of people involved in apprenticeships - with 1,250 new apprentices in the year leading up to 2016 in Breckland.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Lynsey Cole on 01842 761400.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Coronavirus rates go up in every district across Norfolk
- 9 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed