Open day to highlight career options for school leavers in Breckland
- Credit: Archant
An open day is being held to help raise awareness and inform young people in Breckland about their options after leaving school.
Nova Training - a training provider which supports people aged 14 to 24 through study programmes, traineeships and apprenticeships - are hosting the event in Thetford.
The event will give young people a chance to look into the training and apprenticeship opportunities available from Nova Training in a number of fields, including construction and hospitality, and helps people to find employment.
The open day will be held on Thursday, April 13 at the centre’s base at The Maltings on Raymond Street, from 10am to 3pm.
Norfolk is above the national average for the number of people involved in apprenticeships - with 1,250 new apprentices in the year leading up to 2016 in Breckland.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Lynsey Cole on 01842 761400.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider