Bank Holiday weekend fun as Thetford Riverside to become a beach
- Credit: Archant
A Bank Holiday weekend of family fun will see an area of Thetford transformed into a enormous sandpit.
There will be giant deck chairs, games and ice creams along the town’s riverside for the beach experience, with families only needing to bring buckets and spades.
One of a series of events organised by the Lively Crew along the riverside, and supported by Breckland Council, the beach event will run from Saturday until Monday between 10am and 5pm.
To kick-off the weekend, on Friday night there will be a Club Tropicana meets Ibiza party with music from 2 Disco from 6pm.
Free to attend, guests are invited to don their holiday gear and join the party.
You may also want to watch:
The beach will be manned during opening times but unattended children wanting to use the sandpit will be refused entry.
For more information about up-and-coming events visit On The Green Thetford on Facebook.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 3 'He's a dear little dog' - Thieves steal family pet Arthur
- 4 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 5 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister