Bank Holiday weekend fun as Thetford Riverside to become a beach
- Credit: Archant
A Bank Holiday weekend of family fun will see an area of Thetford transformed into a enormous sandpit.
There will be giant deck chairs, games and ice creams along the town’s riverside for the beach experience, with families only needing to bring buckets and spades.
One of a series of events organised by the Lively Crew along the riverside, and supported by Breckland Council, the beach event will run from Saturday until Monday between 10am and 5pm.
To kick-off the weekend, on Friday night there will be a Club Tropicana meets Ibiza party with music from 2 Disco from 6pm.
Free to attend, guests are invited to don their holiday gear and join the party.
The beach will be manned during opening times but unattended children wanting to use the sandpit will be refused entry.
For more information about up-and-coming events visit On The Green Thetford on Facebook.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years