Olympian opens school sports area
A new community sports facility was opened at a Methwold school yesterday.Former Olympic long distance runner Paul Evans joined students and community leaders to mark the unveiling of the multi-use games area at Methwold High School.
A new community sports facility was opened at a Methwold school last Tuesday.
Former Olympic long distance runner Paul Evans joined students and community leaders to mark the unveiling of the multi-use games area at Methwold High School.
The facility, which includes a five-a-side football pitch, three tennis courts and two netball courts, was funded by Sports England and the Borough Council for King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
The floodlit sports pitches aim to get
the local community active as well as being used by the high
school and local primary schools for physical education lessons and after-school clubs.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Power tools stolen after van broken into
- 3 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 4 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 5 Norfolk football boss 'so proud' after inspiring player to come out
- 6 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 7 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 8 Police examine CCTV in Thetford rape investigation
- 9 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
- 10 Quad bike stolen from home in west Suffolk
It will also be available for hire during evenings, weekends and school holidays.