Old furniture to be collected in Thetford to raise money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity is appealing to residents of Thetford to help fill its retail vans with furniture.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) will have a van collecting in the town every Tuesday as part of a new drive for donations.
The charity is after good-quality furniture including solid wood items, pine wardrobes, tables and chairs, bedside tables, coffee tables and clean sofas.
It says that pine table and six chairs worth £100 could pay for a set of nursing kits, while a bedside table worth £25 could pay for a support group for siblings.
Harriet McBride runs the charity’s Retail Distribution Centre (RDC) at the Brunel Business Court in Thetford, where all donations of furniture are taken and sorted for distribution to one of EACH’s 24 shops – to be at least 25 by the end of this year - across the region.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Donations are so important to the success of our shops and we really need more furniture as our retail portfolio continues to grow.”
To book a collection, call 01842 821620.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash