Old furniture to be collected in Thetford to raise money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity is appealing to residents of Thetford to help fill its retail vans with furniture.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) will have a van collecting in the town every Tuesday as part of a new drive for donations.
The charity is after good-quality furniture including solid wood items, pine wardrobes, tables and chairs, bedside tables, coffee tables and clean sofas.
It says that pine table and six chairs worth £100 could pay for a set of nursing kits, while a bedside table worth £25 could pay for a support group for siblings.
Harriet McBride runs the charity’s Retail Distribution Centre (RDC) at the Brunel Business Court in Thetford, where all donations of furniture are taken and sorted for distribution to one of EACH’s 24 shops – to be at least 25 by the end of this year - across the region.
She said: “Donations are so important to the success of our shops and we really need more furniture as our retail portfolio continues to grow.”
To book a collection, call 01842 821620.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 3 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 6 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 7 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
- 10 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre