Old furniture to be collected in Thetford to raise money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity is appealing to residents of Thetford to help fill its retail vans with furniture.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) will have a van collecting in the town every Tuesday as part of a new drive for donations.
The charity is after good-quality furniture including solid wood items, pine wardrobes, tables and chairs, bedside tables, coffee tables and clean sofas.
It says that pine table and six chairs worth £100 could pay for a set of nursing kits, while a bedside table worth £25 could pay for a support group for siblings.
Harriet McBride runs the charity’s Retail Distribution Centre (RDC) at the Brunel Business Court in Thetford, where all donations of furniture are taken and sorted for distribution to one of EACH’s 24 shops – to be at least 25 by the end of this year - across the region.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Donations are so important to the success of our shops and we really need more furniture as our retail portfolio continues to grow.”
To book a collection, call 01842 821620.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 4 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate