Nuisance motorbikes seizure warning
Thetford police have warned that motorbikes given as Christmas presents and used irresponsibly could be seized and crushed. The local safer neighbourhood police team (SNT) will be focusing its attention on the anti-social use of mini-motos during the Christmas and New Year period.
Thetford police have warned that motorbikes given as Christmas presents and used irresponsibly could be seized and crushed.
The local safer neighbourhood police team (SNT) will be focusing its attention on the anti-social use of mini-motos during the Christmas and New Year period.
Illegal use of a mini-moto could mean a ban from driving, even if the offender does not yet have a licence. And officers are working with partner agencies to raise awareness of the 'do's and don'ts' to avoid falling foul of the law.
Sgt Tom Stead, of Thetford SNT, said: “If you're given a mini-moto as a Christmas present, use it responsibly and legally. If you break the law, your motorcycle could be seized and crushed and you could face a fine and a criminal conviction.”
You may also want to watch:
The issue of anti-social driving in York Way leading to the Watermeadows on the Abbey Estate was raised as a concern by local residents and recently adopted as a policing priority by the SNT.
As a result the team has increased high-visibility patrols in the area, issued two warnings to individuals riding in an anti-social manner and seized two stolen motorcycles. A mini-moto that had been seized and crushed was also displayed in the town centre last week.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence