Nuisance motorbikes seizure warning
Thetford police have warned that motorbikes given as Christmas presents and used irresponsibly could be seized and crushed. The local safer neighbourhood police team (SNT) will be focusing its attention on the anti-social use of mini-motos during the Christmas and New Year period.
Thetford police have warned that motorbikes given as Christmas presents and used irresponsibly could be seized and crushed.
The local safer neighbourhood police team (SNT) will be focusing its attention on the anti-social use of mini-motos during the Christmas and New Year period.
Illegal use of a mini-moto could mean a ban from driving, even if the offender does not yet have a licence. And officers are working with partner agencies to raise awareness of the 'do's and don'ts' to avoid falling foul of the law.
Sgt Tom Stead, of Thetford SNT, said: “If you're given a mini-moto as a Christmas present, use it responsibly and legally. If you break the law, your motorcycle could be seized and crushed and you could face a fine and a criminal conviction.”
You may also want to watch:
The issue of anti-social driving in York Way leading to the Watermeadows on the Abbey Estate was raised as a concern by local residents and recently adopted as a policing priority by the SNT.
As a result the team has increased high-visibility patrols in the area, issued two warnings to individuals riding in an anti-social manner and seized two stolen motorcycles. A mini-moto that had been seized and crushed was also displayed in the town centre last week.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in