Town’s main road reopens after tree cleared
- Credit: Archant
A town’s main road has reopened after a tree blocked it.
Police were called to Norwich Road, Thetford, at about 1.45pm after a tree fell on the road near to the Mallow Road roundabout.
Officers asked motorists to avoid the area while the scene was cleared.
A statement on Breckland Police's Twitter account said: "PC 1179 is currently dealing with a tree which has taken a tumble on Norwich Road Thetford.
"Please try to avoid the area and we will update you when the road is clear."
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Road is the main road connecting the north of Thetford to the A11.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe