Town’s main road reopens after tree cleared
- Credit: Archant
A town’s main road has reopened after a tree blocked it.
Police were called to Norwich Road, Thetford, at about 1.45pm after a tree fell on the road near to the Mallow Road roundabout.
Officers asked motorists to avoid the area while the scene was cleared.
A statement on Breckland Police's Twitter account said: "PC 1179 is currently dealing with a tree which has taken a tumble on Norwich Road Thetford.
"Please try to avoid the area and we will update you when the road is clear."
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Road is the main road connecting the north of Thetford to the A11.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms