Town’s main road reopens after tree cleared
- Credit: Archant
A town’s main road has reopened after a tree blocked it.
Police were called to Norwich Road, Thetford, at about 1.45pm after a tree fell on the road near to the Mallow Road roundabout.
Officers asked motorists to avoid the area while the scene was cleared.
A statement on Breckland Police's Twitter account said: "PC 1179 is currently dealing with a tree which has taken a tumble on Norwich Road Thetford.
"Please try to avoid the area and we will update you when the road is clear."
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Road is the main road connecting the north of Thetford to the A11.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance